Choosing the right surgeon for your cosmetic procedure in Melbourne is an important decision. An experienced surgeon is more likely to produce a positive result, resulting in years of happiness and boosted confidence. Choosing an inappropriate surgeon, however, may result in a less than desirable outcome.
To choose the best cosmetic surgeon in Melbourne for your needs, you must shop around, and assess various surgeons’ qualifications, skill, reputation, after-care – and finally, your gut feeling, which includes how comfortable you feel with the surgeon and if you feel you could trust them. Let’s take a look at these points in finer detail.
Qualifications & skill
- Are they qualified to perform the procedure in question?
- How did they train for the procedure you would like performed?
- How many patients have they treated previously for this cosmetic procedure?
- Have a look at the surgeon’s work: do you share the same aesthetic sensibilities as the doctor?
Your emotional response or ‘gut feeling’
- Is the surgeon happy to spend time with you and treat any questions?
- Do you feel comfortable with the surgeon?
- Do you feel that you could trust the surgeon?
- Have I heard or read positive/negative reviews about the surgeon?
Customer service and after-care
- Are all the prices given to me upfront?
- What kind of after-care is available?
- Am I given instructions on follow-up care after the surgical procedure?
- Is the doctor happy for you to “shop around” and asked for opinions from other surgeons?
Dr Joni Feldman is a highly credentialled and experienced female cosmetic surgeon, trained in Melbourne. Always maintaining an impeccable reputation, she and has been practising cosmetic surgery for over 23 years.
Read why you’ll be in safe hands if choosing Dr Feldman for your cosmetic procedure.
- Experienced – Dr Feldman is considered a pioneer in cosmetic injectables (e.g. dermal fillers & anti-wrinkle injections) in Australia and has administered over 10,000 injections during her career.
- Holds an unblemished insurance record.
- For many women, it’s comforting and less threatening to talk to a female surgeon. After all, as a woman herself, she knows firsthand the vulnerabilities and insecurities many women experience.
- Always spends a long time with her clients, answering any questions until the client is 100% happy to go ahead with the procedure.
- She has a renowned reputation in the anti-ageing industry. Joni was also one of the first in Australia to acknowledge the scientific benefits of Retin-A, prompting “60 Minutes” to interview her exclusively on their program.
- Has a long list of devoted clients.
- Will always ask you to seek the opinion of another surgeon other than herself before you decide to proceed with any suggested procedures.
Dr Feldman’s qualifications
- MBBS (MELB)
- Fellow of the Australian College of Cosmetic Surgery
- Fellow of the Australasian College of Aesthetic Medicine
- Founding Members of the Cosmetic Physician Society of Australasia.
For any enquiries or to make a booking, contact us here.