Wouldn’t you like a little lift?
Hailing from Korea and previously available in 14 countries worldwide, US FDA-approved MINT (Minimally Invasive Nonsurgical Threads) is safe, strong and considered the most significant nonsurgical alternative to a conventional facelift. Australia’s TGA have just approved them (May 2019) and Dr Feldman is one of the first doctors offering them from her South Yarra, Melbourne clinic.
Creating a framework for your face
If you like, think of threads as struts on a bridge – they create a framework, keeping the structure of your face in place, while dermal fillers compliment with volume and form. However, it’s important to keep in mind that threads are the only product that can provide significant improvement when it comes to lifting sagging skin.
“…Think of threads as struts on a bridge – they help keep the structure of your face in place, while dermal fillers compliment with volume & form.”
MINT promise to offer positive and exciting results compared to other thread lifting products previously on the market, although other products still have excellent benefits in certain circumstances. Anyone desiring a younger-looking face who is not prepared to go under the knife for a conventional facelift can benefit from MINT providing you’re an adult in good health and have maintained a stable weight for at least three months.
MINT PDO also show promise from a price point. Traditionally, similar products required significantly more threads per procedure, making the exercise a little cost prohibitive for some. However, with MINT PDO, many individuals will find just three threads enough for their needs. In severe cases though, two to three times as many threads may be required.
Another benefit of MINT PDO is collagen reproduction. Due to the stimulation below the skin, your body produces more collagen, with many recipients report glowing skin just a few weeks after treatment. Secondly, as the threads dissolve, your body replaces them with fibrous tissue created out of collagen fibres, adding strength and volume to your skin.
A non-surgical solution to sagging skin, in just 30-60 minutes
The MINT procedure is relatively quick and pain-free, with most sessions taking just 30 minutes, or 60 minutes for a full face. Here’s what you need to know:
- Lying comfortably, the patient’s face will be fully numbed with local anaesthesia
- Next, the threads are inserted via a tiny cannula into specific points. Containing tiny 3-D barbs to appropriately hold the tissues in place, these threads are then secured deep in the fascia, tightened and then clipped.
- There is no skin puckering; however, minimal swelling, bruising and some irregularity of the tissue may be experienced for a week or two.
- MINT PDO should last approximately one year. Over time, the threads dissolve and are replaced by the body’s own collagen.
- MINT threads can also be used in conjunction with dermal or volumising fillers to maximise the aesthetic results.
MINT is suitable for a variety of aesthetic improvements, in particular:
- Lifting and improving the appearance of jowls
- Plumping up sagging cheeks
- Softening deep laugh lines (nasolabial folds)
Benefits of MINT PDO
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. MINT threadlifts have minimal side-effects reported but may include but are not limited to, bruising, dimpling and swelling. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
MINT PDO is manufactured and distributed by HansBiomed in Korea.